Monday, December 05, 2005

What's Next?!

The weekend went fast as usual. I did manage to get some Christmas shopping done and some of the decorations are up and I got my oldest son's birthday present, picking out the card was rough..Yes I'm the women in the card section crying...why do they have to make them so emotional? I'm still searching for my mind which seems to be on permanent vacation.....LOL...... I'm beginning to think I lost it along time ago and have just now realized its gone. As I was getting ready for work this morning and doing my usual talking to GOD asking for guidance and asking that question I always do " When are you going to be done testing me?" Seriously I think I have been through enough and its time GOD let up on me a little. I head into my bedroom as the power goes off!! I panic thinking my hair is still wet and now what am I gonna do?, about that time my son points out that its just my room and we have power in the rest of the house. So I throw on my robe and out in the freezing cold I head to the breaker box. It all looks good there, so off I head to the basement to check out the fuse box. Its then I realize I don't know how to tell if a fuse is bad, so I change the ones I think are bad and still no luck. I have to go to work because I am such a dedicated employee and payroll needs to be done. So here I sit wondering how I am gonna fix this problem. Yesterday I had to put on my plumber hat at the bar and unclog a sink that was not draining. The crap that comes out of them is really gross!! I call my mom and she says she will come over after work and check it out for me. You have got to love my MOM she can just about do anything, except use a computer or a cell phone, the new technology throws her for a loop, but she can do plumbing and electric and construction. She has taught me well and normally I can do most of the home repairs myself. But I do tend to panic, thinking the worst and with my mind still missing is not helping. So yesterday I was a plumber and tonight I will be an electrician!! I am woman hear me ROAR!!! So I'm sure that I will have power back in my room by tonight. Well I just seem to be rambling, but I guess its my blog and I can if I want.

Hope you all have a super Monday!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I hope you can get it figured out. You are so dedicated, but you probably fear for your life with the payroll needing to be done. ;-)

Deb said...

God blesses the people who patiently endure testing. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

God never stops testing us. He tests our faith; our patience as well as our endurance. We all go through this, and sometimes it is very frustrating.

Hang in there, and know that everything works out for the best.

:)

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Oh DO I know what you are talking about. There is not much I can't do for myself. Been busy this a.m., changing filters, fixing a bathroom drawer..etc.

It is funny b/c my Mom is exactly as you described yours...same about cell & computer too. (smiling) She was single for many years herself....but my Dad always knew these things...and I guess we all paid attention.

Good luck tonight! Say a prayer right beforehand...that always helps me...for real.

Bored Housewife said...

I love mothers who empower daughters. Mine did the same. :) Good luck finding your mind...I'll ask mine to look for it next time it's out wandering the streets. ;)