Monday, December 26, 2005

The day after!


Christmas this year was full of many surprises. Just being surrounded by family and friends is the greatest gift. This year I received a great Christmas surprise. Every year I take great care with my children's stocking. The stockings are one of the best memories my children have of Christmas. This year I hung 4 stockings. One for each of my 2 boys, one for my oldest son's girlfriend and of course one for me. Every year on Christmas morning the stockings are full and its the first thing my children open. Of course mine hangs empty. This year I woke up around 1am on Christmas morning, unable to sleep. So I went into the living room to make sure all was in place for the morning, and much to my surprise, My stocking was also full. The tears of joy started to fall and I knew that all was well. It touched my heart so much to find out that my oldest son and his girlfriend had snuck into my home late in the night and left me with this wonderful gift. I know Christmas is not all about gifts, and the love those children left me in that stocking filled my heart with so much joy.

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas!!

12 comments:

Dick said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful christmas Jill, good.

Rat In A Cage said...

That's a great surprise. I'm very happy for you. Like they say, it's the thought & that thought is full of love.

mikster said...

That's a nice surprise indeed!....sounds like ya got a good kid there.

TJ said...

That's a beautiful post, and a wonderful gesture on the part of your son and his girlfriend.

I wrote about the ways our children can surprise us yesterday on my blog as well. It's one of the best things about being a parent...

Hope the New Year is filled with even more love and surprises!!

MamaKBear said...

Awwwww that is just about the sweetest Christmas story I've heard yet!

What a great son! Looks like his g/f is a keeper too...

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good to hear about that gift that was sneaked in!

Good to hear your Christmas was allright.

Anonymous said...

Just makes child rearing worth it when they do such wonderful things! Happy week Jill!

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Yes, being surrounded by family and friends is truly a great gift.

You have a nice blog. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Thomcat said...

that's pretty cool :) i'm glad you had a wonderful christmas

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Jill, that is so thoughtful. What a wonderful feeling....Mine have definitely changed throughout the years...and it is so touching from a single Mom's view.

Wishing you a wonderful New Year!! We are so blessed to have our children close to us.

Deb said...

It's not even about the gift---totally goes beyond that. You're fortunate to have such wonderful people love you!

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

You are a very lucky lady. happay holidays.