Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Bar

Yesterdays post had me contemplating a new job. I never imagines that when I grew up I would be an accountant and I never ever thought I would also own a bar. Maybe it was the dream of not having to work for someone else, I really think it was just to help my sister out with her dream. So I have my fulltime day job and a business that keeps me hopping on my days off its a lot of work owning your own business. For example last night I was called down to the bar to fix the sink in the women's bathroom, and to see why the AC was not working. Which in a normal situation is an easy task, but add to it every drunk person in the bar telling you the best way to do it adds a twist. I have made some great friends in some of our customer, but Im telling ya they sometimes could drive you to drink. I really do not drink that much myself, my family is full of alcoholics and I really do not think we need one more. I have seen some very interesting things in the bar. Its amazing what alcohol can do to people. If you ever get the chance to stand on the other side of the bar to it. It will amaze you!!! Maybe we should have guest bartender night and I could invite all my fellow bloggers to bartend!!!!

I have to get back to work. Have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

Bud said...

Bartending is clearly not a profession that could last more than an hour for me. No memory for it to be that good. I'd have to say, "What the hell were you drinking?" Ever time I got the refill signal. And I have a low tolorance for drunks. I'd be trying to talk them out of drinking. I perform in a coffee house that has a regular customer base of AA folks who traded their former addiction for coffee, cigarettes and sometimes a fundamentlist religion. The coffee I can relate to 'cause it doesn't smell bad or annoy the shit out of you. If you like to sing, Jill, you ever think of putting karayoki in your bar?

JUST A MOM said...

I loved being behind the bar! Growing up in that stuff adn living in a collage town I LOVED CUTTING OFF those little snot nose brats!! They did come back the next day and hug and thank me though.

Lee Ann said...

I used to have 2 jobs. My parttime job was working in the bookstore, which was cool. I never slept though. I had a really nice apartment where I took showers, changed clothes and took naps. That got old after about 4 years. Good luck :)

Charlie Mc said...

I've bartended for 2.5 years, I could write a book, you are sooooo right!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a lot of fun...Do you get to drink behind the bar?