Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sleepiness nights!

Yes I have had a few lately. I find myself waking up at 3am or so and can't go back to sleep. It really sucks on work nights. Weekends is better for sleepless nights cause you can always have a nap the next day. It got better for awhile but it seems to have come back.

I went shopping yesterday and cried all the way home, not because I spent too much money, but because I knew I would stop and visit my Dad on the way home. I have been avoiding going there and knew I had to buck it up and just do it. So as I sat by his grave, I gave myself away to a good healthy cry. I guess I half expected to ground to be turned up from my father spinning in his grave over the recent events caused by my step-mother. I guess I have not mentioned all the legal crap that's going on. It just my father had a living trust set up and things where going great. We all agreed that Dads wishes should be carried out as stated in his trust. Where it all went haywire, I have no clue.

My Grandfather is still in a resthome and has good days & bad days. My step-Grandmother does not want him to return home because having 24 hour home care is a violation of her privacy. He is her husband, if my husband was old and ill and I could spend every minute we had left together I would not care about my privacy. I would care about my husband, and its his ranch, which he worked so hard to farm. He wants to go home.

I just do not get it. We are not asking for everything, just some of my father family things, photos and such. We went last Sunday to my dads place to put some things in the shop and my step-mom called the police. She has life estate in the home, which we did not enter, but the rest of the property now belongs to my sister she has every right to be there. Its what my father wanted. Yet we are treated like criminals.

I made a promise to myself yesterday as I sat by my fathers side, that I would do everything within my power to save my boys from having to go through this kind of hell.

5 comments:

Dick said...

Some folks actions I can not understand.
It's okay to miss your Dad, I still miss Mom everyday after four years.
I'd give ya a hug if I could.

Hale McKay said...

Dick is right. PLease accept at least a cyber hug from me.

Jillian said...

Thanks for the hugs!!!

Bud said...

Jill, this is just awful news. Nothing I can say or suggest can fix that but please know I'm thinking of you and hoping for this to be resolved soon.

BTExpress said...

I'm so sorry it's going like this for you all. I don't get your step grandma. When my late wife was put under the care of hospice, I put a hospital bed next to ours, and that's where she spent the last 8 months of her life. I went to work during the day, and took care of her the rest on the time. I'd have it no other way.