Saturday, August 26, 2006

No wonder I'm so pissed off all the time!

I suppose my last post left some questions in your minds. Well imagine how I feel! I have spent many years seeing a counselor. He has been there for me when I felt life was out of control. The problem is I bounce in and out of counseling. I never seem to complete the task I have set for myself. Usually he will say something that either upsets me of pisses me off. So I stop going. The last time I went he explained to me how I was the forgotten child in my family. I refused to believe this. How could my family who loves me forget me? Sure my dad was an alcoholic, was mother is co-dependent. So what’s the big deal?
Forget me and leave me to raise myself, I laughed it off. Now his words ring true for me and I finally understand parts of it. Some parts I am still trying to figure out. I think I have done an ok job on the raising me part. I’m independent, have no addictions and have a good job. My kids are great, no real problems there just the normal teenager stuff.

I know the road ahead of me will be rough, but it’s a road I have traveled before, and in the end I know I will be ok. I love my family and I know they love me in the only way they can.

4 comments:

Dick said...

Jill,
I hate to be the one who has to break this news to you, but you're fine.
Normal, normal, normal.
Trust me on this one.

Karen said...

That child inside needs some nurturing, let her out and let her heal. Remember to laugh and do something silly once in a while. I'm sorry you had a rough childhood but now it's time to deal with it, forgive yourself and the others (even though you may feel they don't need to be - they do), and move on. It will be tough but you're strong and will see that you're stronger than you ever thought you were. *BIG HUGS* You can do this, do it for you and that little girl inside.

Anonymous said...

Is there ever really an end to counseling? Sometimes I think we just need reminders and then take it from there. :)

Bud said...

Sounds to me like you have yourself figured out pretty well.